Our principal aim is to develop the children’s knowledge, skills and understanding in Art and Design.
- Meet the requirements of the national curriculum programmes of study for Art.
- To provide a relevant, challenging and enjoyable curriculum for Art for all children.
- To encourage children to work collaboratively to reach an end goal.
- Use Art to teach the children to reflect upon their work and the work of others and provide positive feedback for the future.
- To encourage mutual respect and the consideration for others’ work.
- Children are encouraged to show compassion when assessing the work of others through, understanding how their comments can build up or destroy another’s self- belief.
- To understand how Great pieces of art have helped to shape the world as we know it.
- To respond to the work of Great artists.
- To equip children with the skills to create different pieces of art with a range of mediums, through a hands on approach.