Aims and purposes of PSHE and Citizenship at Bursley Academy
At Bursley Academy, we want our school curriculum to promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and prepare all pupils for the opportunities and responsibilities within their lives. PSHE and
Citizenship contributes to the school curriculum by helping to give pupils the skills, knowledge and understanding to lead confident, healthy, independent lives and to become informed, active and responsible citizens.
As part of our PSHE we also make sure we are promoting the British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs.
P.S.H.E teaching at Bursley offers opportunities for the children to:
- Stay as healthy as possible
- Keep themselves and others safe
- Have worthwhile and fulfilling relationships
- Respect the differences between people
- Develop self-esteem, confidence, independence and responsibility; and to make the most of their abilities
- Play an active role as future citizens and members of society
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding in a variety of areas.